On February 2nd 2018 the MiNDS program will be hosting a retreat from 9 am to 4 pm in the Great Hall of the University Club on Campus. This is an excellent opportunity for students in the MiNDS program to get together and discuss how we can make the program even better in the years to come. Further, it will give you a chance to develop your leadership abilities and collaborate with other students in the program to problem solve and develop action plans.
The following objectives have been identified by the Director and Associate Director for this retreat:
· Draft a revised vision statement and brainstorm key elements of mission and mandate statements
· Identify past successes, current challenges and create a 5-year action plan
· Clarify the Institutional Quality Assurance Process (IQAP) and
· Encourage greater participation and communication across the program
The outlined Agenda:
1. Welcoming messages from The President, the Dean of Science and the Dean of Health Sciences
2. Program visioning brainstorming and discussion
3. Writing draft program vision statement
4. Identifying challenges to the vision
5. Institutional Quality Assurance Process information session
6. Creating action plans to address challenges
Do not forget to RSVP for your attendance to the retreat! Please check your McMaster email for a MiNDS Retreat notice sent on January 18th, 2018 or contact Sandra Murphy at email@example.com for more information on how to RSVP. We hope to see everyone there!